Gentle awakening - Pino
looks like figure skater elena ilinykh
… [Viggo Mortensen] had one of his front teeth knocked out when filming a sword-fighting scene in THE TWO TOWERS, but insisted on carrying on without it.
Taking no chances, producers on the set feared the tooth trouble would worsen and ordered him to visit a dentist.
He recalls, “I asked them to superglue the tooth so we could keep going but they didn’t think that was a good idea.
"It was getting close to lunchtime so we kept going and I was gumming it until lunch, and then they sent me to a dentist and after lunch we kept going.
"Anyway, now it’s replaced and it’s my proudest and strongest tooth."
What is love?
Apparently only for white people.
Dude, you do realize this ad is Italian right? Those people are Italian, because it’s an Italian ad. Italian people are typically white. This ad is suppose to be about acceptance in THEIR country, why would they have models that don’t look like they’re from their country?
I’m gettin’ real tired of tumblr’s attitude. I’m probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but here we go.
Not everywhere is as mixed as North America. You go to places like Japan and it would be really weird to see a white person in their ad, it’s no different for places like Italy and Germany where people are mostly white. In North American we seem to have a decently even mix in a lot of areas so it’s a little off-putting when there’s only a certain race -generally all white people- depicted, where it’s completely normal and would appear really strange otherwise for other countries. Like you wouldn’t go to China and demand they show white people in their ads there, so why would you do the same for a country that has very few PoC compared to it’s population?
As the person above me said, why would they have models that don’t look like they’re from their country in their ads?
Seriously, I am Italian, and FUCK YOU. Our country has huge problems with homophobia, there isn’t even one single law to protect homosexuals. Most European countries have legalized marriage and adoption (or at least talked about it), but not Italy. The Catholic community does everything they can to block the law against homophobia. Last month, a 14 years-old killed himself because he was gay. You have no idea how much that kind of thing matters in Italy, all you can fucking do is whine about Tumblr about the fact that they are all white. Yes, in Italy the majority of the population is indeed white. Not the rest of the world is like fucking North America. So before you come whining about it on Tumblr, get your facts right.
I love it when reality slaps the fuck out of Tumblr.
reblog for comments from Italy!
New York City Snow on a Winter Night
It snowed very briefly in New York City tonight. It was barely a dusting of snow which quickly mixed with rain but it was enough to make me pine for heavy snowfall. And when I pine for anything, I tend to lose myself in a heady mix of memories and imagination which usually leaves me going through older photos trying to grasp at the core of what it is that I am missing the most.
These photos were taken during the only heavy snowfall that New York City experienced during the winter 2013 season. I bundled myself and my Sony A99 up in as many layers as I could muster wearing and walked all the from my Lower East Side neighborhood up 5th Avenue to Times Square because I could think of nothing better than reveling in some of the most beautiful city scenery while the night turned into something resembling a shaken snow-globe.
Here’s hoping that the winter 2014 season grants New York City at least one beautiful snowfall.
Gallery Key (corresponds to the order of photos in the photo-set):
1. 5th Avenue is gorgeous when snow falls. This is a view adjacent to Bryant Park next to the subway station. View this photo in my portfolio here: New York City - Winter - Snow Falls on 5th Avenue
2. There are a few streets on the west side of Union Square that are absolutely stunning on a winter night. This would be one of them. This is the street that is also home to Union Square’s all night eatery: The Coffee Shop. View this photo in my portfolio here: New York City - Snow - Winter Night
3. This is one of my favorite areas next to Madison Square Park in midtown Manhattan. The benches are usually empty late at night and fill with snow when New York City gets hit hard with a snowstorm. The snow-covered benches and the beautiful canopy of trees creates the perfect winter postcard view every time. View this photo in my portfolio here: New York City - Snow - Winter Night in Midtown
4. The architecture on some of the older buildings that run along 5th Avenue is a gorgeous sight at night but it’s even better during a snowstorm when the ornate art deco structural details really get a chance to stand out. View this photo in my portfolio here: New York City Winter - Snow at Night
5. Times Square is magical on a winter night when the snow is swirling around. It’s really interesting to experience Times Square in a blizzard since it empties out save for a few people who are either trying to get home or who are trying to enjoy a surreal Times Square experience. View this photo in my portfolio here: New York City - Snow - Winter Night in Times Square
6. This is another view of Times Square in the snow. There are points during any snowstorm where people are still clinging to their umbrellas hoping to use the apparatus as a shield. View this photo in my portfolio here: New York City - Winter - Snowy Night in Midtown
7. Some of my favorite areas of lower Manhattan in the winter are in the East Village. This is 9th Street which is always dressed up in festive lights during the holiday season. View this photo in my portfolio here: New York Winter Night - Snow Fall in the East Village
8. Bow Bridge is also beautiful to view from the other side of The Lake. If you wait until the hour before sunset, the sun tends to set almost directly above Bow Bridge when you are standing (or sitting) at this vantage point. View this photo in my portfolio here: New York City Winter - Snow - Night in Madison Square Park
View these photos of a magical winter night in New York City larger and in a set here (click on each photo in the set to enlarge):
Interested in viewing these directly in my online portfolio? Here they are along with other New York City winter photos:
nyc i’m jealous. still no snow in siberia. :(((